If you have Viber installed on your PC you can ignore this post as we will not talk about anything new today. In fact the method to install Viber for Mac OSX, regardless of a Macbook pro, Macbook, or Macbook air, is the same. You can do a search on Google and you will see that there are thousands of people doing the same thing right now. They learn how to install Viber on PC and then they take it to Viber for Mac. For instance, here is the most famous blog for Viber for PC talking about viber for mac. They say that you can download Viber for Mac using the same method (almost) as Viber for PC.
Viber for Mac OSX – Version 10.6 and Version 10.7
If you have a Macbook or Macbook pro or Macbook air (or even mac mini with version 10.6 or 10.7) you can still get Viber on it. The process is almost identical to that for getting Viber on Windows Xp or getting Viber for Windows 7. You can also use Viber on Mac based PCs as Viber for Laptop is not much different than Viber for Desktops.
Here are the steps for you:
- Go to Bluestacks website by clicking here
- You will see two option as shown below
- Click on the Download for Mac button.
- It will download Bluestacks player on your Mac.
- Once you have it you need to install it. However, download my PC Backup right after you install Bluestacks.
- It will take a long time to download and install it and it made my Mac way too slow when I did it so do it when you do not have any background work to do. Let it run by itself.
- You will see a new folder in your dock, it will be named android apps.
- Open Twitter app and click on sign up on the first screen
- Click on an of them and open it in a browser.
- Once you have it in your browser go to http://www.appforpcs.com
- Download the Viber.apk from the link given at the very bottom (footer).
- Install Viber and set it up.
That is it. You will have Viber for Mac running on your pc without any issues. If you are not able to hear any sound on Viber using Bluestacks try our previous solution for that.